Saturday, April 18, 2015

Does Anybody Believe Subban?

First off, P.K. Subban is an awesome player and does a really good job of playing the villain and hockey does need some villains to make the game more interesting. Or at least, I think so.

I know that hockey is a game of intimidation, and there's a lot of gamesmanship during the Stanley Cup Playoffs. After watching this video, does anyone believe Subban? He's beginning to develop a body of work.
Sean Gordon, the Globe and Mail -- “I’ve never done that in my career. It’s something that my family doesn’t condone, this organization doesn’t condone. I’m not out there to do that,” P.K. Subban said.

The act was a remarkably dumb decision, and Subban acknowledged as much.

“I don’t want take a penalty there, we’re already down a man, I just tried to let him know. I didn’t even look to see where I was going to slash him … I try to play hard in front of the net; obviously, it’s something that I can’t do,” he said. “As far as targeting anybody … if anything, I feel like a lot of times I’m the target.”

Subban chalked his exaggerated reaction at being tossed from the game up to a surfeit of emotion and allowed that in hindsight the penalty was “the right call.”

His tone wasn’t exactly repentant.

“I’ve been slashed a lot harder than that,” he said.


"I’m not out there to do that,” Subban said. Yeah, right. Two games and two acts that speak otherwise. Hey dude, it's part of the game. And yes, the Stanley Cup Playoffs aren't for the faint of heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment