Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Grand Forks Herald Letter: Rancor suggests nickname choice should be delayed

Bryan Boger from Grand Forks suggest in his letter to the Herald that the nickname choice should be delayed. The Move on people won't like this letter. Like I mentioned in the past, I am for the UND and anything but the Sundogs nickname option. That being said, I would like to see this concluded. I am also surprised that a plan for a vote hasn't been developed yet.

Per the Grand Forks Herald:
We keep hearing about how having no nickname is our way of keeping the Sioux name. While that might be true for some, I am of the opinion that it is simply not the time to move forward toward a new nickname.

The nickname search is about something that can bring the UND community together: athletics. While we all have our own studies at the university, playing and watching athletics is something that can unite us.
I do agree with him. Our own fan base is at each other's throats.
But all I've seen is a community ripping each other apart about people's opinions on this issue. Alumni and friends have threatened to pull their donations; fans have threatened to pull their season tickets.

No comments:

Post a Comment