Wednesday, February 03, 2016

NHL Throws Book at Dennis Wideman



The NHL has thrown the book at Calgary Flames defenseman Dennis Wideman. Seriously, Wideman was given a 20-game suspension for running over NHL linesman Don Henderson. Wideman said this of the hit on Henderson.

"At the last second, I looked up and saw [Henderson] and couldn't avoid it, Wideman said. "I went up to Donnie and apologized to him on the ice," he said after the game. "I didn't see him. I didn't know where to go and how to get out of the way."
I still wonder if Wideman wasn't dazed from the hit he took before the incident with Henderson. I am fine with the length of the suspension, I think it sends a clear message. However, the next player that abuses an NHL official also need to have the book thrown at them.

No comments:

Post a Comment