Saturday, July 16, 2016

Mark Mondry : UND should replace fans' Sioux gear with Hawks gear

I saw this letter from the editor by Mark Mondry and I couldn't let it slip by without some comment. First, this is a silly idea. I mean seriously, the University isn't going to spend millions of dollars replacing Fighting Sioux jersey's, t-shirts and gear. The university is in a budget crisis. Second,  there are a lot of people that wouldn't agree to this. I know I am not turning over my Fighting Sioux jerseys. .
UND should be required to buy back the officially licensed Fighting Sioux gear that the university made millions from.
While I understand that the NCAA backed UND into a corner, the reality is the fan base has been left with merchandise that is now obsolete.
At the very least, the university should replace existing Fighting Sioux gear with new Fighting Hawks gear, enabling the transition.
I honestly can't believe that a graduate from UND would come up with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment